My Top 5 News Sources

     Where you get your news really matters, especially in a world like today. So many things are constantly happening in and out of the United States. It's essential to keep up to date with the latest news so you can live your life well-informed about policies and politics. There are so many sources to choose from, some reliable and some not. It's also essential to gather information from new sources that are both right and left-leaning as well as more in-between to get a better understanding of the issue and not be blinded by an excessively biased source. Here, I've created a list of my top new sources to gather reliable information. 


CNN is a popular source in general. It covers both national and international news. I like CNN due to its popularity and widespread reach. I also like how the website has so many different news sections. It covers things like politics and contains articles about health or the stock markets. Most of their news articles are quick and to the point, presenting what is known in an organized fashion. This news source is more left-leaning than others so you can see the news or opinion articles that favor a more democratic view.  


The New York Times is another left-leaning news source that I like to use. I use the New York Times as a place to gather information on modern-day politics and keep updated on different forms of entertainment. I have many varying interests, including music, movies, cooking, and wellbeing. The NY Times covers all of these interests and more. I enjoy checking on recent news from my interests, which can include recent music releases/ratings, a spotlight on an upcoming actress in the theater, or an inside look at the Oscars. Overall, The New York Times is a good source for any news regarding popular culture or entertainment. 



The Hill is one of the most neutral sources on my list. I personally use it since my parents mentioned it in passing. The Hill focuses on governmental news and different environmental and health policies. Right now, there is an entire section on the homepage that has the current polling for the 2024 election. The layout is easy to use and also contains dated videos. These are brief videos from their recorded show, Rising, where they talk about current events. If you don't feel like reading all the material on the website, you can just scroll through their many videos where they cover the same material in their articles. 



The Wall Street Journal is also a more neutral source. Most of their articles and news focus on business, investing, and the economy. I'm young, and I want to improve my view of money and investment. The Wall Street Journal covers numerous business proposals and tips for people new to the world of business. It's also easy to track the stock levels since some of the most popular stocks are showcased on their homepage. 



The Washington Times is a more conservative source. It contains numerous articles on recent events like the 2024 campaign and the War in Ukraine. I mostly use this source to view the other side of things going on in the world since I mostly use more liberal sources. The layout is easy to navigate, and I can view news pieces and opinion pieces from people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Age of AI

Final Post: Our Relationship With Technology